Saturday 10 February 2007

First group fitness session

Black team had their first group fitness session this morning. Krissi, our trainer, had talked us into going to the RPM class, and then going for a walk near the lake, followed by a coffee. I was looking forward to the challenge as well as to getting to know my team better, although I really don't like RPM. It ended up being a great morning, and I'm really glad I went along.

I've done a few RPM classes, and have improved each time I've gone along, but I find it a tough workout. As a result, I don't tend to get to class often. This was my first RPM of the year. Today, I felt like I did a lot better than I had before, and I'm sure it's because of the interval training I've been doing. I don't know what I'd do without my cycling knicks though. Those seats are hard!

I felt a real sense of achievement for getting through the class and then we were off on our walk. It was good to get to chat to people, and Krissi made the walk interesting with an activity down by the lake. Coffee was a good opportunity to do some bonding. By the time the morning had finished, I'd burned 684 calories, according to my heart rate monitor, with more exercise to come with my visitors.

I met up with Jim, Deb and the boys at the Canberra Centre. There's a multicultural festival on in Civic, and the aromas of all the various foods were simply terrific. Luckily, I'd been sensible enough to eat a snack while we were having coffee.

Deb, the boys and I went to the park for a picnic lunch, while Jim headed home to start cooking dinner. (How good is that?) There were people filming, which was interesting to watch. Afterwards, we dropped the boys off with Jim and they spent the afternoon playing EyeToy games. Deb and I headed for the shops. I've managed to rack up over 22 000 steps so far today. I'll sleep well tonight!

Almost time for dinner now .. the Osso Bucco smells delicious.

No comments: