Friday 23 February 2007

Another good day

This morning's run was excellent. I decided to up the speed a little, so I did 5.6 / 10 km/h today. Being the 'it's new, I won't be able to do it' type, I only dialled in a 15 minute session, as that made the intervals one minute. I figured I'd be able to survive for one minute, and if I was still able to run after 15 I could do the rest manually. While I was doing the first 15 mins, I was doing the maths in my head, and realised I could run 4 km in 30 mins if I kept up the intervals, and did one more 10 than 5.6, so that's what I did. It clocked over the 4 km at 30:02.

This evening, I got to the gym earlier than expected, so I decided to do two workouts for double points - one weights and one cardio. I did them, then found out that the gym had decided to count that particular combination as a single 'other' workout! If only I'd known! If only I'd been like some of the others and done the double workout before they'd tightened up the rules. Mind you, as I was doing the two workouts, I was thinking that I'd have called it one workout in the past, so I figure the gym has a point.

Seriously, I was quite happy with the work I did, although I did have to rush the weights component because the Pink team were taking over the weights area. It looked like they were having a great workout with their trainer, Michelle. When I realised I was going to run out of time, I made sure I got one set of dips in. It looks like I'll be fine with these. Now I just have to work up to getting my feet further away from the bench.

I decided that the treadmill would do me for my cardio session tonight, so I did 20 mins of fat burner and 20 mins of straight walking. It was a great calorie burning day, and my net calories are in good shape. I might treat myself to a Belgian Chocolate dessert.

Tomorrow should be another good day. I'm going to do an RPM class at 9:30 and then a group fitness session. If I manage to get to the gym when it opens at 9:00 I'll do a cardio session, as I figure that the gym will count that session. If they don't, it won't matter, as it will help to improve my overall fitness.

In the afternoon, I have some friends coming around for a playstation afternoon. I have a dance mat and an eye toy, so it will be a pretty active afternoon. I'm sure it will be a good day.

2 comments:

Celeste said...

You are certainly putting the effort in! I don't think I could maintain the level of exercise you are doing - but clearly you are seeing significant results.

Good on you.

Kathy said...

Hi Celeste, you're right, I am seeing results. This is a 12 week challenge. Having an end in sight makes it seem achievable.

I applied to be on the first Biggest Loser, and thought at the time that I'd love to work hard on becoming fit and healthy for three months. While I didn't get on the show, I thought that this 12 week challenge was an opportunity that I shouldn't ignore.

It's great to get the encouraging comments though. Thanks. They help a lot.