Friday 30 March 2007

Nice easy day today

I thought I'd better take it easy today if I was going to run for an hour tomorrow morning. This morning's gym visit involved half an hour on the treadmill at 6 km/h on an inclination of 3. It was quite relaxing. I tried some Chi Running focuses, like walking from my centre and leaning forward. I also did the body sensing thing, checking in with how I was feeling. It was hard to keep concentrating. I can see that I'll have to keep practising.

I was supposed to get to the Relay for Life opening ceremony this evening, but there was an urgent support problem just as I was leaving. One of my team was there, but I decided that it would be kinder to go back and help him out. After all, I didn't have to be at the opening ceremony. Seeing that I wasn't going to be able to make Relay for Life, I thought about dropping in at the gym for the Biggest Loser party they were having instead, but I ended up having to stay back at work too late to do that too.

Still, my step count is only 11k for the day, so I've given my legs a good rest before tomorrow. I've been reading everyone's blogs, and they are all busy tapering! My little rest feels like a baby taper.

I'm really quite excited about tomorrow. I'm going to go to bed early, so I get plenty of sleep.

No comments: