Sunday 4 March 2007

Exciting News

I'm off to the gym shortly, but I wanted to record two major achievements.

The day got off to a great start .. I weighed myself this morning and I'd lost weight! I'm getting closer and closer to being able to say "I've lost more than 40 kgs". Isn't it exciting?

I've been stuck in limbo on 38 kgs for quite a while. I maintained my weight over Christmas / New Year, but it snuck up a little in January. Since the start of the fitness challenge I've managed to lose 3.6 kg. Even better, my total weight loss is now moving in the right direction.

I have all these rewards planned for when I get to different weightloss milestones, and I'm looking forward to reaching them. The next major one involves reaching 70 kg. When I get there, I'm off to a day spa at the Mansion Hotel in Werribee.

The rewards are a great incentive. My 80 kg reward was climbing the Sydney Harbour Bridge. A group of friends, from Canberra AND Melbourne, came to Sydney with me and we had a fabulous weekend, celebrating my achievement from the top of the bridge. I'm pretty sure I'll get a few takers for the day spa too.

My second highlight for the morning was that I made it out of bed for my run around the creek. I did even better than I expected, getting around in 24:30, then continuing on non-stop until I reached the 2/3 mark. That took me 41:44. We think that it's 3.2 km around the creek, so I definitely ran for 5 km non-stop outside this morning. I am really proud of myself.

There weren't many people out and about at 7:30 this morning. I was the only runner. Now I'm heading off to the gym to collect my 25 points. A bit later than planned, but I've given myself a pass to miss the Body Attack class. I ran more than I'd thought I would, so I figure I'd better not push it too hard.

Late update

Points collected. I did my weights session, apart from my abs exercises. Any excuse and I'll happily skip the abs section. I'm feeling really tired now. I'm not used to all this running. Oh, and my step count for the day is close to 20,000 due to some more shopping. I managed to buy some great tops to go with the work clothes I bought yesterday.

I'm really seeing a difference in my body shape at the moment. I seem to have firmed up in my middle section. Mind you, it's going to take a lot more firming. I had great fun trying on clothes. Everything fitted. Actually, I took the wrong size to start with and had to go back to get a smaller size. If it's never happened to you then you have NO idea how good that feels.

The trip back to Canberra was fine. Ever since the Global Corporate Challenge last year, I get myself dropped at the aiport at least half an hour before boarding, and I walk around the airport. It's interesting seeing all the people around the place, there's always something going on, and it was an easy way to get my step count up. It's now become a habit.

It sure is good to be home though. I'm heading straight off to bed after I finish this update. Oh, and after I check out the links on Celeste's blog. Oh, and ...

2 comments:

Celeste said...

Yay! Yay! I love milestones. 5km is fantastic!!! You'll always remember it. Sounds like you managed the distance MUCH easier than I did the first time.

lg said...

I think rewards like that make it all so sweet! The day spa sounds fantastic - you need to give all the glorious details when you go - and you will go soon, I'm sure:P

Great work on the running - Can't wait til I can run 5 km