Saturday 24 March 2007

Good hair day

I definitely had the best hair in the gym this morning, and it didn't take as long as I predicted. I was only there for an hour and three quarters. I love going to the gym after I get my hair done, as I don't end up with all the amazing "hold your hair still in a gale" product everywhere. I also look more like the real me, which personally I prefer.

It seemed quite busy at the gym. I jumped on the treadmill and opted for the fast walk option. I did see how I'd go with a jog, but my ankle felt just a little bit not right so I dropped back to walking. I started off at 6.0 km/h on a gradient of 3, but decided to see how I'd go at 6.4 km/h. I remember a few weeks ago deciding that it just wasn't comfortable to walk at that pace. Today, I walked at that speed for 25 mins on a gradient. How good is that?!?

Even though I wasn't running, I tried some Chi Running stuff. I concentrated on keeping my shoulders relaxed and being conscious of moving my elbows rather than my arms. This focus stuff takes focus!

The rest of the day was quiet as far as exercise is concerned. I caught up on some blog reading, which I enjoy hugely. I shopped, which counts as walking, and I spent quality time with my good friend, Erika.

I'm feeling very tempted to eat heaps this evening, but I've done well to stay in my calorie range today, so I'll resist temptation by going to bed. I find that works really well.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's exercise program. I'm also looking forward to the extra hour in the day. I love it when daylight saving ends.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Hi Kathy,

More power to your running! And I like your oneupmanship with your brother! Tbanks for your comment on my "G" blog post. I allocate you the letter T. Happy thinking.