Thursday 19 April 2007

Final Body Jam

Tonight was the final Body Jam session. I have really enjoyed going to this class. It's a mixture of dance and aerobics. Tonight we exercised in a variety of dance styles - street latin, clubbing, heavy funk, swing and jive. After a few sessions I'd finally got the hang of some of the moves. I now know how to do the Charleston and the Freddy, I can do a move that has me thinking of clowns running away, and can move on the up beat with Justin. I have all this knowledge and a smidgeon of expertise and now the class is over. Apparently it's going to be replaced by a Hip Hop class. I'll give it a go, but I'm going to miss Jam.

This morning I had intended to do an interval run, but my knees were tired on the way to the gym. Hardly surprising after all those squats yesterday. I opted for a walk on the treadmill, 20 mins, 6 km/h, gradient of 3. I had to rush to catch my bus. I keep meaning to head to the gym earlier, but it just doesn't seem to happen. Maybe tomorrow morning.

This evening my knees were still tired, so I did another treadmill session. It was split into two because I had my slim session in the middle of it, but I walked for 25 mins at 6.4 km/h. I remember that the last time I tried walking at that pace I was really uncomfortable. Today I did it easily. It's great to see the improvement in my overall fitness.

There's only one more week of the challenge to go. I'm looking forward to seeing how many centimetres I've managed to lose over the 12 weeks. I've lost about 7 kg so far, which I'm pleased about. I'm heaps fitter and my running has improved dramatically. I've made new friends, developed new habits, and I'm feeling fit and healthy. It's been a great experience.

Oh, and I've discovered blogging and the running community. How good can things get?

No comments: