Sunday 30 December 2007

Morning run

This morning I met up with Kathryn at 8 am. She had mentioned that Simon might be there but it ended up being just the two of us. We headed off at talking pace and talk we did, the whole way around. It was much better weather for running today, thank goodness. I don't think I would have made it very far if it had been hot again.

We ran around the tan and around the SiS course, so ended up doing 8 km in a little over an hour. Not fast, there was a little walking in there. My legs felt like lead today, which was hardly surprising as I haven't done all that much running over the holiday break. Still, they got me to the top of the Andersen Street hill again. It's a great feeling.

While we were chatting I realised that I know Simon. It's such a small world. I used to teach him back in the early 90s.

This afternoon I went to see Golden Compass with my sister. I'm glad I've seen it. Great special effects. I don't know that it's inspired me to read the books, although I'm sure I'll go and see the sequel at some stage.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

So glad we ran today and not tomorrow :D

I'd not read the book and enjoyed the Golden Compass but my sister and son have both read it and thought the movie sucked :)