Thursday 1 November 2007

Pool running

A quiet day today on the exercise front. I met Sally at the pool this morning. It was an effort to get up and I doubt that I'd have made it on my own. It didn't seem as cold this morning when I rode off on my bike. The extra jacket I wore may have had something to do with that.

We did a session that involved two sets of 2:30 hard, 0:30 easy. We were working pretty hard, and I've been feeling a little sore all day. I guess it's the water resistance that makes the difference. It's good knowing I've worked hard, but it's not showing on my HRM. I read somewhere that my heart rate was likely to be around 10 lower than usual when I'm in the pool. I'll have to pay attention to what it is when I'm not in the pool.

This evening a group of my running buddies came over for a drink. We were going to play with my EyeToy but there wasn't enough light unfortunately. Anyway, we quickly adapted, settling around to eat, drink and chat. A good time was had by all.

1 comment:

jojo said...

ive done that 5x2:30 with 30s rest x2sets.. and yeah it is hard..but you do have to work pretty hard to keep the HR up!
i found water running helped the upper body a bit too :)