Monday 7 May 2007

Bike ride accomplished

I did it. I got on my bike this morning and rode down to Lennox Gardens, where tomorrow's group fitness challenge is happening. It took me 25 minutes to find my way there. I've forgotten how to use the gears, and I have to work on my stopping technique, but at least I know I can get there in less than half an hour.

It ended up being an ok workout. I am pretty sure that most of the calories I burned were due to fear rather than effort, but I'll take them however they come.

This evening I did the planned weight session and followed it up with a walk on the treadmill. I had been going to do pump, but I decided discretion was the better part of valour. I've no idea what to expect from the outdoor group fitness challenge tomorrow morning so I thought I'd better leave a few muscles in working order tonight.

I feel a lot better than I did yesterday. My eating is back under control, and I think I've learned some good lessons from the weekend. I even talked about it with some of my friends, something I never did in the past. Normally when people start giving me advice (everyone has food management advice - we're all such experts!) I just tune it out, but I did some listening today. I didn't hear anything that I hadn't heard before, but I also didn't hear the negative track that normally plays in my mind when people start telling me how to lose weight. That's got to be a step forward.

Onwards and upwards .. provided that I don't fall off the damn bike.

Oh, the average cost per ride for my bicycle fell $30 this morning! That's got to be a good thing.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better. It's so true that everyone is an expert when it comes to your own eating and diet and it can be quite frustrating. Good on you for getting straight back on top of things.

I really appreciated the honesty of your post, as you know. Most of the things you said rang a bell loud and clear with me and actually helped me a lot.

Are you still up for a meet when you're in Brissy next week. Email me and let me know your plans and we'll see what we can arrange.

Good luck with the group fitness thing tomorrow - I'm sure you'll do great.