Thursday, 24 July 2008

Exercise update

I'm just home from boot camp. TB and I are still going strong - Mondays and Thursdays at 5 pm. I thought the early start would be a struggle, getting away from work, but I just leave at 4:30 and nobody complains. Well, not to my face. The sessions will get moved to a later time slot as the days get longer.

I'm really proud of TB. He is the only person who has made every session since boot camp started. He works really hard at the sessions too, which has definitely inspired me to put in more effort.

Tonight's session was circuit training. We did a running drills warmup, which I quite enjoy, then a rotation of three leg exercises (shuttle run, squats, lunges), three abs exercises (side bends, plank, crunches) and three upper body exercises (military press, pushups, lateral raises). We did them for 1 min each, then twice through for 45 secs a time, then 30 secs each. By the end it was such an effort to lift my arms. It was too dark to run safely for the third rotation so we replaced the shuttle run with a theraband abductor exercise.

I really like training at the War Memorial. It's a lovely setting and it has a whole "this national monument is my space" kind of feeling. We end up having our photos taken by Japanese tourists a lot though, which is quite amusing.

As for the rest of the week, I played hockey on Saturday, went to boot camp on Monday (we walked up Mt Ainslie really fast - that's hard work) and had PT at the gym on Tuesday. Wednesday was a rest day, which is just as well as I was in Melbourne for work. Tomorrow I have PT with Krissi, which is always a challenge, and then TB and I are off to Melbourne for the weekend. We're going to the Footscray vs Carlton match on Sunday and TB is getting the added bonus of meeting the in-laws. It should be fun.


Andrew(ajh) said...

When you say "TB and I are still going strong - Mondays and Thursdays at 5 pm." - I hope you are talking about Boot Camp :-)

Kathy said...

Now I'm blushing!

Jaykay said...

Hope you had a great time in Melbourne.

I stayed up in town on Friday night and went for a run along the Yarra on Saturday morning.

It was perfect weather for a run, with the sun shining and the weather not too cold.